WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:
We recently partnered with Infiltrator Water Technologies in donating a new onsite (septic) system for a Habitat for Humanity project in Punta Gorda.
Infiltrator Water Technologies is a local poly tank & chamber drainfield manufacturer.
The septic system was installed as part of an affordable housing project put together by Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity and is located at 225 Sunset Blvd, in Punta Gorda, Florida.
WHAT IS HABITAT for HUMANITY?
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that was founded on the belief that decent shelter should
be available to everyone. They bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope – by helping families achieve their dream of home ownership.
They do this by providing affordable housing for qualified applicants, and enlist both the applicants & volunteers to do the work on housing projects. By reducing their labor expenses, they are able to pass the savings on to the new homeowner. They also raise funds by partnering with local individuals, businesses, and churches.
They welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds, regardless of religion, age, race, or political affiliation. Anyone that believes that everyone deserves an affordable, decent place to live is welcome, and they serve people in need of reasonable housing regardless of their race or religion.
They are dedicated to eliminating substandard housing by:
- Building new homes
- Renovating and preserving existing homes
- Advocating for fair and just housing policies
- Providing training and access to resources to help families improve their current conditions
- Helping homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families
Habitat for Humanity operates around the globe and has helped build, renovate and repair more than 600,000 affordable houses.
- Since being established in Charlotte County in 1987, they have helped over 384 local families achieve the dream of home ownership
- As of November 2017, they have already helped 29 families purchase their own homes – that’s 4 more than their initial goal for the year!
Martin Septic Services is native to Florida and we care about our community. That’s why we have committed to donate 2 additional septic systems for Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity this year.
We would love to have you entrust the care of your system to us.